This one is great at a tailgate, backyard BBQ or a big cookout.
Yield: 4 Burgers
For Unicorn Burger Seasoning:
½ tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons table salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons red bell pepper flakes
1 teaspoon chili pepper
½ teaspoon sugar
1 pound ground unicorn chuck (or brisket / chuck mix)
2 ½ teaspoons Burger Seasoning
4 thin slices gouda cheese (optional)
4 whole wheat hamburger buns, for serving
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir to blend thoroughly. Store in an airtight container.
- Combine seasoning blend and ground Unicorn in a bowl by mixing gently and thoroughly.
- Divide into 4 even portions and pat each portion into a flattened patty.
- Preheat grill to medium high. Grill patties about 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Remove and serve burgers on buns garnished with gouda cheese and any other desired condiments.