Little known fact about Unicorn meat, you can cook it with as many peppers and heat agents as you want but eventually the magic powers of the Unicorn will counteract the heat. If you want your Unicorn dishes spicy, you have to eat them immediately after you cook them. I would advise using hot sauce rather than cooking it into the dish.
Yield: 10 servings
2 lbs ground Unicorn chuck
½ tablespoon Unicorn horn marrow
2 cups Australian red wine – Cabernet blend
2 shots Jack Daniels
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 can black beans
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 can pink beans
1 14oz can tomato sauce Italian herbs
1 can tomato paste
1 large yellow onion
3-4 cloves of crushed garlic
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon paprika
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until slightly brown.
- Add Unicorn chuck & cook until fully browned, stirring often.
- Add rest of ingredients with the spices last.
- Once all ingredients are in the pot, bring to a fast boil. Reduce to simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer for at least 2 hours.
- Salt and pepper as needed.
Get the t-shirt here:
This one is great at a tailgate, backyard BBQ or a big cookout.
Yield: 4 Burgers
For Unicorn Burger Seasoning:
½ tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons table salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons red bell pepper flakes
1 teaspoon chili pepper
½ teaspoon sugar
1 pound ground unicorn chuck (or brisket / chuck mix)
2 ½ teaspoons Burger Seasoning
4 thin slices gouda cheese (optional)
4 whole wheat hamburger buns, for serving
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir to blend thoroughly. Store in an airtight container.
- Combine seasoning blend and ground Unicorn in a bowl by mixing gently and thoroughly.
- Divide into 4 even portions and pat each portion into a flattened patty.
- Preheat grill to medium high. Grill patties about 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Remove and serve burgers on buns garnished with gouda cheese and any other desired condiments.
Get the t-shirt here:
Here’s a recipe for one of my family’s favorite holiday dishes, Unicorn Pot Roast.
UNICORN POT ROAST
Yield: 12 servings
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 pounds boneless Unicorn chuck roast
2 cups water
¼ cup red wine
1 yellow or Spanish onion, chopped
3 cups chopped carrots
3 medium gold potatoes cut into quarters
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Set slow cooker on low setting.
- Place Unicorn roast into slow cooker
- Add all other ingredients but potatoes and carrots
- Let simmer for 3-5 hours.
- Add the potatoes and carrots & allow to simmer 1-2 hours