Here’s a recipe for one of my family’s favorite holiday dishes, Unicorn Pot Roast.
UNICORN POT ROAST
Yield: 12 servings
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 pounds boneless Unicorn chuck roast
2 cups water
¼ cup red wine
1 yellow or Spanish onion, chopped
3 cups chopped carrots
3 medium gold potatoes cut into quarters
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Set slow cooker on low setting.
- Place Unicorn roast into slow cooker
- Add all other ingredients but potatoes and carrots
- Let simmer for 3-5 hours.
- Add the potatoes and carrots & allow to simmer 1-2 hours