Before refrigeration you could only eat this once a month.
GREEK STYLE LEG OF WEREWOLF
Yield: 8 Servings
6 lbs bone-in leg of Werewolf
14 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons rosemary
1/3 cup olive oil
1 cup red wine
2 zest of lemons
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Finely chop 8 garlic cloves and place in a larger container.
- Stir in 4 tsps each of oregano and rosemary, 1/4 cup of the oil, the wine, zest and lemon juice.
- Place Werewolf in marinade and coat well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Crush remaining 6 cloves of garlic and stir together with remaining 2 tsps each oregano and rosemary.
- Remove Werewolf from marinade (keep marinade) and pierce in several places with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Rub garlic-herb-paprika mixture over Werewolf, pressing into incisions.
- Coat with remaining 2 tbsp of oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Toss in the marinade kept from the Werewolf and 2 additional tablespoons of olive oil and pour all of this mixture into your pan, around the Werewolf.
- Roast, uncovered, in 190 degrees C (375 F) oven for 1 ½ hours, turn Werewolf over to make a crust on the other side.
- Cook to well done.