When it’s cold outside, you’ll want something to warm you up. This one is hot, REALLY hot, but what else would you expect from Dragon Meat?!!?
9 ALARM DRAGON CHILI
Yield: 8-12 Servings
2 large Dried Ancho Chiles, stemmed and seeded
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped into small pieces
6 cloves of crushed garlic
2 lbs Ground Dragon chuck tender
1 – 12 ounce Mexican lager beer, suggested: Tecate
2 shots mezcal, suggested: Ilegal Mezcal
1/2 cup Worcestershire Sauce
1 can black beans
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 can pink beans
1 – 14oz can tomato sauce Italian herbs
1 can tomato paste
4 tablespoons Chili powder
2 tablespoons Cumin
2 tablespoons Paprika
1 Fresh Serrano Chiles, finely chopped, including seeds
1/4 cup canned Chipotle Chiles in Adobo
- In hot water, soak the ancho chiles for 30 minutes, then drain well.
- While the anchos are soaking, add olive oil, onions & garlic to a large sauce pot. Saute on high until onions are almost translucent.
- Add Dragon meat and cook until brown, stirring constantly.
- Once meat is browned, add the rest of the ingredients into the bot. Stir thoroughly.
- Once mixed, bring to a boil and stir once more.
- Lower temperature and simmer for two hours, stirring about every 15 minutes.
Get the t-shirt here!
Here’s a recipe for one of my family’s favorite holiday dishes, Unicorn Pot Roast.
UNICORN POT ROAST
Yield: 12 servings
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 pounds boneless Unicorn chuck roast
2 cups water
¼ cup red wine
1 yellow or Spanish onion, chopped
3 cups chopped carrots
3 medium gold potatoes cut into quarters
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Set slow cooker on low setting.
- Place Unicorn roast into slow cooker
- Add all other ingredients but potatoes and carrots
- Let simmer for 3-5 hours.
- Add the potatoes and carrots & allow to simmer 1-2 hours
The Mythical Creature Butcher Shop online merchandise store has launched! Purchase the “I Save New York,” Dragon Meat or Unicorn Meat shirts and proceeds from the sale will be donated to the NYC Mayor’s Fund to advance New York City.
We’ve been working with the NYC Mayor’s Office via The Food Film Festival & the New York City Food Truck Association to feed people hot and fresh free food as a relief to Super Storm Sandy. Read more here.
“Donations will support immediate aid needs – including water, food, and hygiene supplies – as well as long-term relief and restoration efforts. One hundred percent of donations are being dispersed to relief organizations and their efforts. “
Click here to go to the Mythical Creature Butcher Shop Online Store