When it’s cold outside, you’ll want something to warm you up. This one is hot, REALLY hot, but what else would you expect from Dragon Meat?!!?
9 ALARM DRAGON CHILI
Yield: 8-12 Servings
2 large Dried Ancho Chiles, stemmed and seeded
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped into small pieces
6 cloves of crushed garlic
2 lbs Ground Dragon chuck tender
1 – 12 ounce Mexican lager beer, suggested: Tecate
2 shots mezcal, suggested: Ilegal Mezcal
1/2 cup Worcestershire Sauce
1 can black beans
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 can pink beans
1 – 14oz can tomato sauce Italian herbs
1 can tomato paste
4 tablespoons Chili powder
2 tablespoons Cumin
2 tablespoons Paprika
1 Fresh Serrano Chiles, finely chopped, including seeds
1/4 cup canned Chipotle Chiles in Adobo
- In hot water, soak the ancho chiles for 30 minutes, then drain well.
- While the anchos are soaking, add olive oil, onions & garlic to a large sauce pot. Saute on high until onions are almost translucent.
- Add Dragon meat and cook until brown, stirring constantly.
- Once meat is browned, add the rest of the ingredients into the bot. Stir thoroughly.
- Once mixed, bring to a boil and stir once more.
- Lower temperature and simmer for two hours, stirring about every 15 minutes.